At DCSI we are determined and committed to providing excellent customer service by putting our customers’ first and advocating the Financial Conduct Authority’s six consumer outcomes. The six consumer outcomes were outlined by the FCA in July 2006, which describes the necessary expectancies of UK based firms when it comes to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF). The six core principles remain at the heart of the FCA when it comes to continuous and regular auditing of UK based financial service firms.
- Outcome 1: Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers’ is central to the corporate culture.
- Outcome 2: Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Outcome 4: Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Customers’ at DCSI can expect to be provided with financial services that are professional, reliable and fair. It is the responsibility of DCSI and its employees to make sure that we meet our customers’ fair and reasonable expectations, which will allow for better working relations and provide greater customer confidence within the financial service sector.